I thought about learning French because I have always loved the language and wanted to learn it in high school but I took Spanish instead. I believe it is a great language to learn and it would be helpful to speak it when I travel to France (hopefully soon). I have some French songs on my iPod but I feel my project should have more creativity and art.
I considered choosing to live a more healthy lifestyle. I love fresh fruit smoothies, acai bowls but I haven't jumped on the green juice/smoothie bandwagon. I thought about getting a juicer and having fresh veggie and fruit juice frequently throughout each day and monitor my results like if I am sleeping better, more energetic, less tired, better skin, etc. However, I want my project to be something I have not done before and I am already excited about smoothies so I'll pursue another idea.
After thinking of all my ideas, I decided to show off my creative and artistic side by learning how to create a Quilt. I've never done anything like this before. I tried my hand at sewing many years ago and I was too impatient to learn. Making a quilt will be a good challenge for me and I cannot wait to get quilt ideas/patterns from Etsy and Pinterest, sewing tutorials from YouTube, some sewing tips from my mom and using pictures to document the progress of my quilt. I have always wanted to have a nice warm quilt of my own and I feel this project will be a fun and exciting challenge.
Some questions I would consider for this 20% Project:
1. How much fabric do I need to make a quilt?
2. Are there different quilt patterns and sizes for beginners?
3. What website blogs or videos will be the best tutorials for me?
4. Would it be helpful to join a quilt club?
5. What pattern should I choose for my quilt?
6. How do I turn photographs into quilt patchwork squares?
7. Do you just use needle, scissors, and thread, or are there other tools?
8. Where do I buy fabrics and materials?
9. How much do the materials cost?
10. What kind of thread do I use?